HSGCF PROVIDES UP TO $3,000…
Per year to eligible hospitals who provide financial support to students pursuing education in any health care related field or certificate program.
The vision of the HSGCF is to fund healthcare programs that advance the quality of patient care, patient safety, and community wellness. The foundation’s initial focus is the financial support of students pursuing medical, nursing or other healthcare related degrees or certificate programs. The scholarship/tuition reimbursement program facilitates the attraction and retention of healthcare professionals in Missouri. This program is designed to match scholarships or tuition reimbursements awarded by hospitals that are members of the Healthcare Services Association and insured by Missouri Hospital Plan.
Current members of the Healthcare Services Association, and insured by the Missouri Hospital Plan are eligible for the HSGCF Matching Scholarship program. The hospital must first support the student with a scholarship, a healthcare related tuition reimbursement program, or certification/re-certification program.
WAYS TO USE
MATCHING SCHOLARSHIP / TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS
The HSGCF Matching Scholarship Program provides up to $3,000 to match funds member hospitals expend to support scholarships, tuition reimbursement, training, or certification funds for students within the hospital community, or employed by the hospital. Some examples include:
- Hospitals A and B both have internal scholarship programs that award $3,000 each year to an employee. Hospital A chooses to provide the full $3,000 to an employee and request $3,000 in matching funds, doubling the employee’s award. Hospital B chooses to provide $1,500 to the employee and request $1,500 in matching funds to provide a total award of $3,000.
- Hospitals C and D provide employees with up to $1,000 in tuition reimbursement for continuing education related to their hospital position. Hospital C chooses to provide $1,000 to three employees and request $3,000 in matching funds, doubling the employees’ tuition reimbursement. Hospital D chooses to provide $500 to six employees and requests $3,000 in matching funds to provide a total of $1,000 in tuition reimbursement to six employees.
- Hospitals E and F reimburse employees up to $500 for registration fees and travel costs associated with job-related certification or re-certification. Hospital E chooses to provide $500 to six employees and request $3,000 in matching funds, doubling the employees’ reimbursement. Hospital F chooses to provide $250 to twelve employees and requests $3,000 in matching funds to provide a total of $500 in reimbursement to twelve employees.
- Hospitals G and H both have scholarship programs that award $3,000 each year to a local high school student. Hospital G chooses to provide the full $3,000 to a student and request $3,000 in matching funds, doubling the student’s award. Hospital H chooses to provide $1,500 to the student and request $1,500 in matching funds to provide a total award of $3,000.
If your hospital has already awarded scholarships or tuition reimbursement or plans to this year – don’t forget to take advantage of the Healthcare Services Group Charitable Foundation (HSGCF) Matching Scholarship Program.
Step 1: Identify the student(s) who currently participate in your scholarship or tuition reimbursement programs, designed to advance the quality of patient care, patient safety, and community wellness.
Step 2: Access and complete the very brief online application by Clicking Here!
Step 3: Submit the completed application.
Step 4: HSGCF will mail a check to match your scholarship or tuition payment of up to $3,000 per calendar year per member hospital. (submit one application for the full $3,000 or multiple applications totaling up to $3,000.)
Step 5: Share your success with us! Let us know who received the matching funds, how you recognized each individual, and how the funds will help encourage healthcare education increase the quality of care in your communities. We would also love for you to notify us in advance of your award celebration and share pictures and announcements related to the HSGCF awards.
- Can we apply for HSGCF matching funds before our recipients are selected or do we need to wait to apply until after our selection process?
- Students need to be selected before applying for Matching Scholarship funds.
- Our facility gives scholarships from our Auxiliary and Medical staff, but not from the hospital specifically. Does this meet the requirements of the Matching Scholarship program?
- Yes, if a member hospital disperses scholarships or tuition reimbursement through an Auxiliary or Foundation, those qualify as long as the hospital is involved in the selection of student(s), management of the funds, organization of the distribution, etc.
- Is there a limit to the number of students that can apply for the HSGCF scholarship from each institution?
- There is no limit to the number of applications that can be submitted in a calendar year. The limitation is that only $3,000 can be awarded to each member hospital in a calendar year. The student must also receive an amount equal to or greater than the application request to fulfill the “matching” criteria.
- Does, the member hospital select the way we want it divided and let you know? Do the students send the application to you?
- Yes, you select how to divide the money. So, 20 applications can be submitted for $150 each or 4 applications can be submitted for $750 each or any other combination desired, not to exceed $3,000 total. You can download a multi-student application by Clicking Here.
- Does the hospital apply for the match, or do we encourage each individual recipient of our current year scholarship to apply directly to HSG for the matching program?
- The member hospital (or hospital foundation or auxiliary unit) applies for a match equal to or less than the scholarship amount they have or will award, it is a non-competitive application. There is flexibility for the member hospital to decide how much and for whom to apply for matches. For instance, one year you may have an exceptional scholarship recipient that you would like to apply for a full match of $3,000. Another year, you may have 10 scholarship recipients that you would like to apply for a match of $300 each. Also, we write the check directly to the member hospital (sent directly to the contact person indicated on the application).
- Can the $3,000 per calendar year for the HSGCF Scholarship be divided for use by more than one student? I noticed the application only has space for information on one student.
- Yes the matching funds can be requested for more than one student not to exceed a total of $3,000 per calendar year per member hospital. We allow the member hospital to decide how many students and how much for each student to request. As an example, you may decide to apply for one student $3,000 to match or to apply for 10 students $200 each. The application should be filled out by the member hospital representative for each student.
- We received the maximum amount of support earlier in the year. Are we still qualified?
- You will not qualify for further support until January 1st.
- To be eligible, the website states we have to be a current member of the Healthcare Services Association. How do I find out if we are a current member of Healthcare Services Association?
- Please contact the Scholarship Coordinator at email@example.com or 573-893-5300 ext. 323.
- Should we submit more than one scholarship recipient to increase our chances to be selected for the HSGCF Scholarship, or should we select only one of our scholarship recipients to submit or apply for the HSGCF Scholarship?
- This is a non-competitive matching scholarship program. The flexibility of how many students and how much to match for each student is yours as long as it does not exceed the maximum amount.
- We have employees who have already graduated from their program, have begun working in their newly trained position, and have been given scholarships that covers 100% of their student loans. Can these employees apply for the HSGCF’S scholarship to offset the amount they owe the hospital?
- Yes, matching funds can be awarded to scholarships that have already been given to the student. As an additional note, our application should be completed and submitted by a hospital representative.
- If we do have a scholarship recipient selected to receive a HSGCF Scholarship, will the money awarded be given to the scholarship recipient or to the Hospital?
- When awarded matching scholarships, the member hospital will receive a check (made out to the hospital) and an award letter sent by mail to the Member Hospital contact as indicated on the application.
The HSGCF scholarship funds are subject to any requirements the hospital may have for their scholarship funds. For example, if the hospital requires repayment for failure to meet their requirements, the hospital will not be required to return the portion of the scholarship funded by HSGCF. The hospital can use that money to fund future scholarships.
If awarded a scholarship, the hospital and student may be asked to work with our Marketing and Communications Department to develop news communications concerning the award. Scholarship recipients are also expected to comply with all monitoring requirements established through their host hospital.
Founded in 2012, the vision of the Healthcare Services Group Charitable Foundation (HSGCF) is to fund healthcare programs that advance the quality of patient care, patient safety, and community wellness.
The first initiative of the Foundation is to address the need to assist in funding education for those persons pursuing medical and support specialties to staff Missouri hospitals. The intention is to fund education of locally talented students who are pursuing careers in healthcare and plan to return to hometown communities upon graduation. By helping hospitals cultivate prospective healthcare employees, quality patient care will be increased throughout Missouri communities.
The program provides matching financial assistance to students awarded financial assistance by hospitals that are members of the Healthcare Services Association and insured by the Missouri Hospital Plan (MHP). Specifically, HSGCF matches scholarships or healthcare related tuition reimbursement provided by non-profit member hospitals throughout Missouri. This scholarship program is designed to facilitate, attract, and retain healthcare providers in Missouri. Successful applicants will be selected by member hospitals throughout Missouri and will exhibit high academic achievement, commitment to a career in healthcare in Missouri communities, as well as possession of personal characteristics expected of quality healthcare providers.
Scholarship Application 2017 Distributed