At HSG we are serious about selecting the right person for the right position. We look for that special spark in someone who will thrive in our outstanding environment – someone who likes to learn and strives to do better every day.
If you want to pursue your career in a dynamic and collaborative environment built on the strength of dedicated employees with a commitment to success, then HSG is the place for you!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The HR Specialist is responsible to the Director of Administration & Human Resources for the accurate and timely completion of all assigned tasks; for administering assigned functions efficiently, effectively, and accurately; and exercising judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
Maintains human resources/payroll records using information provided by employees and management. Exercises considerable independence and initiative in the performance of assignments within established policies and procedures with general supervision from the Director of Administration & Human Resources.
Perform other administrative duties punctually and accurately.
PURPOSE: This position is part of the HR Team and reports to the Director of Administration & Human Resources. This position requires:
• Strong character, strong values and a strong work ethic.
• It is critical for the candidate to have a genuine interest in learning and understanding the needs of the organization’s leadership and staff.
• A demonstrated ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and deliver exceptional “customer-service” is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
• Process regular monthly payroll and off-period payrolls with payroll vendor.
• Process employment and payroll change notices and/or initial forms.
• Process monthly 401(k) payroll contributions made by employees/company to the retirement benefits provider.
• Reconcile benefit vendor invoices for payment and payroll deductions.
• Manage monthly payroll expenses.
• Update executive pay worksheets after each payroll.
• Provide accounting department with monthly payroll journal entries.
• Understand and maintain retention policies for new hires/staff documents, I-9 documents, and medical documents.
• Work with employees/managers to assure accurate PTO accounting.
• Prepare total compensation reports annually for all employees.
• Conduct new hire orientation in benefits and payroll processes, coordinating with department managers.
• Initiate new employee Onboarding process with department managers and track for completion.
• Process benefit enrollment change notices and/or initial forms.
• Initiate annual Performance Coaching reviews and salary adjustments with department managers and management.
• Liaison with third party benefit providers.
• Maintain record of insurance coverage/monthly billing statements, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, payroll files and personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, performance reviews, terminations, and COBRA paperwork.
• Provide detailed benefit and payroll reports as needed to management.
• Maintain payroll/benefit worksheets for budgeting and planning purposes.
• Work closely with CFO on maintaining the payroll/benefits worksheets.
• Coordinate quarterly 401(k) Trustee & Employee informational meetings; record accurate meeting minutes.
This position works with the Clerical Administration Assistant providing backup and assistance in the following areas:
• Main switchboard, answering and transferring calls to appropriate staff.
• Receiving visitors/vendors.
• Ordering and maintaining office and cleaning supplies.
• Facilitate catering for board meetings, employee seasonal meetings and other events as needed.
• Primary person responsible for the UPS end of day reporting and any software maintenance.
• Perform other administrative duties as directed in a punctual and accurate manner.
• PHR/SPHR designation preferred or Bachelor’s degree in related fields; High School diploma and 4+ years of specialized professional work experience may be substituted.
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information at all times.
• Working knowledge of computers and software programs (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Requires experience with database software for payroll processing. Knowledge of Evolution software is beneficial.
• Basic accounting and tax knowledge is beneficial.
• Essential skills in 10-key calculator and computer data entry.
• Requires critical attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates effective communication/verbal, written and listening skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with the public, management, and employees in a pleasant, concise and courteous manner.
• Demonstrated record of good work attendance and reliability.
• General office experience providing quality services.
Send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: Healthcare Services Group
ATTN: Trish Donovan
P.O. Box 1498
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1498